Fiberworks Floral Collage
With Mary Ellen Sakai
Date: Friday, August 3
Time: 10am - 4pm
Choose a wonderful pattern from Laura Heine, and come join Mary Ellen for a fun class in designing your own floral collage. You can use any of the wonderful collage patterns available in the shop! The fabrics you choose will add depth and movement to your chosen subject. If you wish bring in a simple full scale drawing of any object, animal, flower or house you can create something unique. Whatever you choose to do, the class will be filled with fun while you design your collage.
*Scrap Friendly Class
1. Collage pattern by Laura Heine
2. Basic sewing supplies - scissors, seam ripper, pins, note pad, paper, pen, etc.
3. FABRIC: fat 1/8’s and fat ¼’s of lots of different large scale floral fabrics, polka dots, paisleys… whatever you would like to showcase in your quilt. Background fabric per pattern.* Voile or muslin for a base for collaging your quilt - per pattern.
4. Ultra fine point sharpie pen
5. Double sided fusible web like Soft Fuse or Steam a Seam 2 lite – amount per pattern.
6. Applique pressing sheet
7. Fabric fuse (permanent fusible glue)
8. Small pair of scissors – about a 4” point is good for cutting out motifs.
*If you are going to piece your background you may want to do this before class.
BEFORE COMING TO CLASS Please fuse your florals and other fabrics and cut out as many motifs as you can. The more you have the more ready you will be to start designing right away